Director of Product Design
June 2020 – Present
- Oversee company-wide product design strategy and lead the product desgin team in solving challenging and complex user problems for 26+ B2B publications.
- Establish standard, processes and strategy for all steps of the product design cycle, from discovery, to problem validation, ideation, and implementation support.
- Collaborate with the VP of Product and VP of Engineering on the product roadmap and optimizing collaboration between our teams of 20+ individuals.
- Strategize with our Marketing and Data team to measure success of design iterations and research our target readers and clients through surveys and user interviews.
- Ensure high level product design execution through hiring, coaching, and the development of craft and soft-skill training programs for individuals.
Senior Product Designer
September 2019 – June 2020
December 2018 – September 2019
- Conduct UX research through user interviews, stakeholder workshops and data aggregation to refine project requirements and determine next steps.
- Design mockups for new product features and annotate them for engineering handoff. Iterate on designs based on team critiques and stakeholder feedback.
- Create a design system by defining components, writing documentation and technical implementation. Establish an internal site to ease collaboration between the engineering and design team.
- Plan and facilitate workshops with senior executives to define product strategy.
May 2017 – December 2018
Front-End Design Intern
May 2016 – August 2016
- Conducted UX interviews and analyzed results to inform stakeholder decisions and created static mockups for proposed solutions.
- Designed and coded email templates sent to thousands of readers on behalf of Fortune-100 clients. The average email file size was reduced by 33%.
- Led UX interviews with C-suite and director-level staff to redesign an internal subscriber data tool.
- Increased performance of multiple sites by responsively serving images.
- Communicated with multi-disciplinary teams of developers, designers, project managers, and stakeholders on a daily basis.
Center for Teaching, Research and Learning, American University
Graphic and Web Design Specialist
January 2016 – May 2017
- Designed print collateral for conferences of over four hundred people.
- Developed logos and advertising materials for programs targeted at over eight hundred faculty members.
- Increased traffic to website through page optimization and banner image design.
Nasdaq.com Web Design Intern
May 2015 – August 2015
- Created HTML mock-ups of pages as well as redesigned and coded already existing web-pages for a site that reaches millions of people a year.
- Critiqued and redesigned the CSS Style Guide and developed a consistent, clean style.
American University, College of Arts and Sciences
BS Computer Science, BA Graphic Design
GPA: 3.93, University Honors Program
- User research
- Information architecture
- Workshop facilitation
- Visual design
- High-fidelity mockups
- Interaction design
- CSS3, SASS